Friday, May 20, 2011

From roar to meow and is it monsoon season?

What once was one of the loudest noises in all of sports (yeah I'm including NASCAR for arguments sake) seems to be much lower on the decibel meter now-a-days.

I am of course talking about John Daly's Pants.. wait.. no

Tiger Woods.. yeah that's what I meant.

See I'm forgetting he even plays golf now. If the one year hiatus wasn't enough of an absence we now hear stories of injuries, pain, strains and other thorns in his paw (yes I know it was a lion but just go with it). Now, Tiger claims that his knee has bothered him ever since his 1997 Masters victory where he won by, and I'm quoting Bubba Watson, "47 strokes or something", but how are we to believe that? Cause if he played that well then with a "hurt" knee, you can take a baseball bat to mine, I mean maybe that's the swing change I need right?

Probably not, but I digress..

Tiger has recently said "Aggravating my injury is very disappointing,.. I'll do whatever is necessary to play in the U.S. Open, and I'm hopeful I can be there to compete."

You know as well as I do he'll be lucky to break 80 once he stripes one off the first tee and "aggravates" everything again, and by everything I of course mean his knee and achilles,  and possibly his ego. I really don't think he can take another opening 42.

So has Tiger's roar whimpered down to a drown out meow? Nah, not yet. Every swing change of his has come with a few years of "Tiger Slump" and even though he's aging I'm not convinced hes out of the race for Jack's record quite yet. But then again, I'm no psychic.

Rain Rain Go AWAY!

So apparently, without knowing, everyone and everything near the Island Green has up and moved to Seattle, or the Panantal in rainy season. I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of the rain, and not the "oh it's ok I can golf in this rain" rain; I mean the "GET IN THE HOUSE AND DUCK FOR COVER" rain.

Seriously, rain, tornadoes.. yeah yeah that guy from Caddy Shack did it but I think we can all agree he was, as they say, clinically insane.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel! This weekend is shaping up to be gorgeous so grab your clubs, grab some friends and come out to Westminster's Island Green for some practice (you know you need it). Then I guess after you pay us a visit you can go enjoy a round of golf.. if you must.

Until next time,
Hit 'em straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment